Your health and physical energy is always a great guidance for you to see whether you are doing the important things that feed positive energy into your mind, body and soul. If you are feeling low in energy or feeling your health is suffering, then take a good look at what you are promising to do in your day and create plenty of space for yourself to breath, reflect and change your approach.
I have had many people come to me for coaching who are feeling low in energy and concerned about their health. They noticed how much they pushed themselves in their working life, so much so, that they did not make quality time to be with their family, never made time for themselves and very much concerned about their own health.
The truth is that they really do not want to have this year be the same as last year and their commitment is to work on 3 main areas to make these changes.
- Simple exercise and relaxation techniques that work for each individual because we all enjoy different forms of exercise. So be careful not to think you ‘should be’ doing a form of exercise based on what others have said to do or what you did 20 years ago. You have changed and it is important to listen to what your body is telling you to do today.
Most of you may know that my background is as a national sportswoman and being a high achiever, I learned about this the hard way – exercise today is a breeze and I listen to what my body needs. My past career was as a personal trainer and the most common thing I heard from people I worked with was that they felt like they had to ‘work hard’ to get results. This is not the truth. It is all about consistency and doing what you enjoy so that it becomes a natural way of life – not a yo-yo situation – take away all the push, relax and enjoy the process as a way of life. Think of it as your commitment to having a healthy lifestyle for life.
- The other area we are working on is how to set your day up for success by ‘under-promising and over delivering’. A great tip on setting your day up is to set it up the night before by acknowledging what you did get done during that day, and then choose 3-5 highest priority actions and set these up in the next day’s diary. Add plenty of white space inside your diary for the unexpected. Place lunch breaks in your diary and get away from the office to clear your mind and rejuvenate your batteries for the afternoon.
Now, this is the most important part – take a look at your diary and notice whether you feel heavy and stressed or light and accomplishable. If you feel heavy when looking at your day’s diary set up, then you will definitely set your day up to fail, even before it has begun. Let’s take away the stress by setting up realistic time frames that work for you. Stop trying to push through and collapsing at the end of the day hanging out for that release of some kind.
Then visualise your day exactly the way you would like it to go based on what you have placed in your diary and see yourself going home with plenty of energy to do those things you want to do with your family, time for yourself, exercise etc.
- Set up quality time with your family, children, pets, whoever is important to you on a daily basis and ‘be present’ with them. Also, put this time in your diary and do not let yourself down and the people most important in your life.
Become the designer of your life and business success. Keep it super simple as you set up consistent foundations as your daily practice for sustainable energy and vitality.
If your productivity and performance levels are being hindered due to your lack of energy and vitality, contact me today for an introductory coaching conversation. www.annettestanton.com/contact/
Once you have read the article, leave a comment and let me know…
What’s the single most important action you can take right now towards living with sustainable energy and vitality?
If you know of a leader who is struggling with staying focused due to their lack of energy and vitality, please share this article.
Latest posts by Annette Stanton (see all)
- Ways to Easily Evolve when Facing Life Transitions - January 22, 2019
- Visioning: The Power of Living and Working in the Zone - January 12, 2019
- Design your Life and Business Success for 2019 - January 8, 2019