Success in today’s market goes beyond intellectual intelligence and mental strength. In fact, emotional intelligence is the revolutionary leadership style built on futurist thinking that challenges the status quo of leadership, teamwork, management and partnership.
Studies have proven that people with high emotional intelligence have greater mental health, job performance and leadership skills.
Emotional intelligence has been around since the year dot. It has just been given a new label that can be heard and understood in the business world today.
Leadership language has changed over the last 10 years. We use to look at it in terms of data. Now we look at it in terms of the story we tell. How to create a connection with the people we’re leading. We do that by being consciously aware of the choices we make every single day.
Emotional Intelligence is essential for excellence.
Emotional intelligence is the capability of individuals to recognize and understand your own emotions as well as others. Discern between different feelings, use emotional intelligence to guide thinking and behaviour, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one’s goals.
One of the greatest challenges when it comes to high emotional intelligence is recognizing the emotions of others and to be aware when your own internal reaction is happening. To remain still in mind and body, making sure you remain fully engaged and connected. Many struggle with this by reacting and disconnecting.
Why is emotional intelligence important?
An organization, which is emotionally intelligent, has staff that is motivated, productive, efficient, aligned with business and committed. This creates a team who are more effective, confident, likeable, happy and rewarded.
Emotional intelligence is applicable to every human interaction in business: from staff motivation to customer service, from brainstorming to company presentations. But the subject is far deeper and wider which affects the overall quality of your life.
Creating high emotional intelligence will develop greater awareness to understand and deal with:
- how we assess people
- how relationships develop
- how our beliefs generate our experience
- how to deal with resistance to change, power struggles, judgment, competition
- how to access your vision, inspiring leadership, influential success, and much more.
A business, in which the staff is emotionally intelligent, is one, which enables them to work together to maximum effectiveness. This can only increase the organisation’s success.
What skills/knowledge will create high emotional intelligence?
- Learn ways to better manage your emotional state creating self-motivation.
- The ability to recognize and understand your own emotions, as well as others.
- Develop interpersonal skills with greater self-awareness.
- Learn skills to regulate your thoughts with natural empathy.
- Identify what your focus blocks are and practice creating mental strength.
- Gain conscious awareness of the thoughts, behaviours and who you are being.
- Develop your unique ways to cope with stress and create more balance.
- Learn to trust and act on your gut instincts and intuition.
- Create stillness of mind for deeper listening to respond from a place of powerful presence.
- Commit to full engagement by being present and connected.
The benefits of emotional intelligence:
- Communicate more succinctly with everyone around you.
- Better creativity and innovation.
- Deepened level of employee commitment and engagement.
- Improve your personal workplace performance.
- Retention of valued employees.
- Improved productivity and profitability.
- Improved mental strength enhancing resiliency.
- Improved communication and relating ability.
- Harmonious culture and change management.
- Fulfilling and connected relationships.
- Authentic living.
If you know it is time to create high emotional intelligence and mental strength and become the person you know you truly want to be, contact me today for an introductory coaching conversation. www.annettestanton.com/contact/
Once you have read the article, leave a comment and let me know…
What’s the single most important action you can take right now towards creating high emotional intelligence and mental strength?
If you know of a leader who is being challenged and they know it is time to step up and lead with high emotional intelligence, please share this article.
Latest posts by Annette Stanton (see all)
- Real Engagement: Connecting with your Personal Standards - August 21, 2020
- The Evolution of You – The Business of You - July 17, 2020
- Mindset Growth: Notice the Distractions - July 14, 2020