Did you know that you will already have foundational systems in your everyday life that are working for you! The difference in growing upon your foundational success is whether you are conscious of the systems you do have that are working for you. Or are you living every moment unconsciously reacting to circumstances always looking at what is not working for you?
Systems that Work give you Clarity and Focus
Foundational Success is the rock-solid personal and professional systems you put in place so you have something solid to build on each and every day. Especially whenever challenges come your way, if you have your foundation set up in your whole life, then you will have a high emotional intelligence. When you have a high emotional intelligence you will stop reacting to life’s challenges and in that moment be calm enough to consciously choose your response.
Yes, you will be able to respond without reacting to the situation in front of you. Reactions to life’s challenges causes major stress and the see-saw feeling. Every action you take is a part of a system you have set up whether it be conscious or unconscious.
Start to become conscious about the systems that are already working for you and then take a look at the actions you are sporadically taking because of reactional thinking. Then decide whether there is a better way of implementing the action and if it needs to be a repetitive system for your success.
In a nutshell, it is about knowing and living your standards (the things you will and won’t accept of yourself) combined with clear boundaries (the things you will and won’t accept of others) and having the courage to continually communicate these coming from love and respect for yourself and others.
Some of the many things that set you up for reactional thinking are:
- Not setting up your day with priority actions and doing the important things first.
- Not placing suitable time scheduling around your priorities.
- Not living your own standards – being everything to everybody.
- Getting into the habit of over-promising and under-delivering.
- Holding back on clear communication – ‘playing the guessing and assuming game’.
- Saying ‘Yes’ when you really want to say ‘No’.
- Not setting clear defined boundaries coming from love and respect for yourself and others.
- Not making quality time to chill out and be with your family and loved ones.
- Not making time to do something for yourself each day that brings you joy, fun and lightness.
- Not having a clear vision and being disorganized.
- Living and working amongst the clutter.
Here is a simple equation to remember for Foundational Success:
Latest posts by Annette Stanton (see all)
- Visioning: The Power of Living and Working in the Zone - January 12, 2019
- Design your Life and Business Success for 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Feeling Exhausted! Trying to be someone who you are not? - November 27, 2018