Have you ever wanted to take action on something specific in your life, but felt as though your feet were stuck in concrete, with no way to move forward?
Many know this as procrastination. You may think you just need the motivation to achieve your goal, so you push through – only to find yourself back in that same stuck place once the motivation has diminished, feeling low in energy and focus. What happened to the motivation you had?
The only thing that causes procrastination is your own limiting belief system. You are made up of many beliefs and to take charge of any procrastination you may be experiencing, you will need to become aware of the beliefs that are holding you back from achieving your goals.
However, this is not as easy as it sounds. The first area you will automatically go to look for answers on how to unlock your procrastination is the conscious mind. Yet you cannot consistently move out of your procrastinating state of mind by using willpower. This is not sustainable.
If you are already in a blocked state of mind, the key to moving forward will come only from the subconscious, which functions at a subliminal level. The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘subconscious’ as that part of the mind that is ‘considered to be not fully conscious but able to influence actions’.
Your damaging beliefs are locked into your subconscious and you will need to explore what those beliefs are so that you can create new beliefs through the conscious mind.
Let’s take a closer look at what is ruling your actions or inactions:
- The Conscious Mind
- The Subconscious Mind
- The Physical Body
The Conscious Mind
- Thinks and reasons
- Has free will to choose
- Is where your imagination resides
- Is where pain and pleasure are perceived
- Is where your Will resides
- Is where thoughts originate
The Subconscious Mind
- Does not think or reason
- Has no free will to choose
- Can only accept, never reject
- Is where your feelings reside
- Knows NO limit
The Physical Body
- Is an instrument of the mind
- Moves into action as instructed
If you are ready to breakthrough any procrastination habits and move forward with momentum much faster than what you would on your own, contact me to discuss your requirements http://annettestanton.com/contact/
Latest posts by Annette Stanton (see all)
- Leading you Towards Knowing Yourself and Being an Authentic Leader - November 11, 2019
- Opening the Doors of my Inspirational Office Space - July 4, 2019
- Creating Guilt-Free Self-Care as a Priority for Yourself - July 4, 2019