How much time do you waste looking for things and you just can’t seem to find stuff when you need it?
How often do you find yourself losing focus and energy because you keep thinking that you must get around to fixing or changing this or that?
How often do you feel frustrated when all you want to do is make more time for yourself and your family?
Melissa is a business owner who came to me for coaching because she wanted to increase her profits and her client attraction. She expressed her feelings of overwhelm and frustration because she wanted to get more organised inside her business and found herself not being very productive at all – in fact, she felt like she was wasting a lot of her time, energy and money.
One of the first places Melissa started was in cleaning up her environment. This meant clearing all the clutter in her office, home, car etc. I explained to Melissa that ‘anything that is not organised – will always organise her’. She told me that she could relate to this because she felt like all her time was being chewed up with unproductive patterns and she did not want another year to go by without making time to work on her business instead of getting stuck inside the day to day putting out of fires.
At Melissa’s next coaching session she was a new person. Much more relaxed, confident and enthusiastic about her business. She has now found time to do things that she had been putting off for years just by clearing the clutter and making space in her life. Melissa found that by organising her time, she miraculously found more time in her life to choose. A big one for Melissa was to spend more time with her children and has now put systems in place that work for her lifestyle and business style.
Melissa recognised that because she was so used to working and living inside of clutter, she had never experienced the difference before. She is also noticing how much more present she is when at home as she did not realise just how much of her time was caught up with not really be there. She was physically there – but not emotionally because her mind was always on work. Melissa is now living her life fully and loving her new founded lifestyle and business style.
Melissa admitted to me that she was sceptical about the effects of decluttering and most thankful that she took the actions because she had no idea that it would give her all of what she has now gained in her whole life.
If you want success in your life and business, then get started and clear the clutter. Give this gift to yourself; just like Melissa did by spending the time to declutter every area of your life – home, office, car, computer, garage, cupboards etc. and you will be amazed at your results.
Ways to get started:
- Plan your time to declutter (yes stick it in your diary as an appointment). Make this time a priority and be realistic as it may take a few days or even longer.
- Break it down into chunks. Write down your areas to declutter and choose one area at a time. Choose the highest energy and time drains first.
- Choose what you are going to do with your clutter. Sell it or have a garage sale. Give it away to a friend or someone in need. Place it in a gift box if it is something you have never used and wrap it for a friend.
- Clear out your computer. Use the 3 D Motto – Do it – Delegate it – Dump it. Make sure you do a back up first.
- Keep up-to-date. Book in your declutter time ahead each year and place it in your diary.
A Final Thought:
Never underestimate the basics. It is the simple task of decluttering that will support you to achieve what you want in your life and business success. This is the very thing that will give you more time and more energy to free you up to do the important things that will help you to live your whole life with ease, flow and clarity.
Latest posts by Annette Stanton (see all)
- Creating Emotional Intelligence and Mental Strength - September 19, 2017
- Live a Stress Less Life - August 22, 2017
- Achieve your Goals: Inspired Action Planning gains Clarity - August 15, 2017